YouTube SEO checklist, Let me know if this sounds familiar, you already know how to operate your company’s social media channels. You know what you are doing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram … but what about YouTube?
The video platform is a bit different from other social media companies. Even if you know how to make a great video and select playlists, making your videos visible to the eyes can be difficult. Like Google, YouTube has its own search engine with its own algorithm and optimization for this search engine can be difficult to achieve. When you are just getting acquainted with it, you have many concerns:
• How do I make great videos that subscribers like?
• Should my company’s channel be monetized?
• How do I know if something is a ranking factor in a YouTube search?
• Does my thumbnail image affect SEO?
• How do I get even more subscribers?
Then what do you do? You look at everyone’s “Super Ultra Fantastic Guide to YouTube Search Engine Optimization” and are just as lost as when you started. If instead you want something practical and useful, try our YouTube SEO checklist.
What’s on this checklist?
This checklist is not just a long list of SEO tips, it is a step-by-step guide that will take you from nowhere to complete optimization of your YouTube channel. We will help you to do this:
• Make sure you are using the correct tools.
• Find out when and how to monetize your videos (and when not)
• Optimization of your video title, description, tags and thumbnails
• Everything else for your videos to rank and increase subscribers.
How should you use this YouTube SEO checklist?
This checklist is best for when you’re just starting your YouTube channel for a business, whether it’s yours, your employer’s, or a client’s. If you already have an existing Youtube channel, no problem. This will still be very useful, you can skip part of the first of the following steps:
1. Set up your Youtube channel in a search engine friendly way (even if your channel is set up you might want to take a look at this to see if you missed anything)
2. Do your keyword research! This is a very important step that is easy to forget, but it doesn’t matter how good your videos are if your keyword search volume is too low. We recommend that you use YT Cockpit or Keyword Tool to perform your keyword search for Youtube, rather than a tool like KWFinder.
3. Use this checklist to make sure you are producing great video content that subscribers will like.
4. Follow the rest of the steps to adjust your channel and each video you produce (uploading the correct thumbnail, writing a good description of the Youtube video).
5. Return to this checklist every time you create a new video or start a channel from scratch.
Writing a good video title is just one part of maximizing the platform for your business. You may contact a YouTube SEO Specialist for optimizing and managing your channel.There are a variety of other things you can do on YouTube, such as organizing groups of videos into playlists. Playlists are useful for grouping videos or for videos that must go in a particular order.
Regardless of whether something is specifically a ranking factor in YouTube serps, there are a variety of other things to consider here, such as watch time, a video’s CTR, or click-through rate and subscriber retention, which are all important to marketing effectively on YouTube. To really increase the views of your videos, you can increase the chances that your video will become a “suggested video” in the side panel by using certain Chrome extensions or tools like vidiq.
YouTube SEO, as the name suggests, is optimizing your videos to rank higher on YouTube’s search engine. Before learning how to do YouTube SEO, let’s first get acquainted with YouTube SERPs.
The YouTube SERP, similar to the Google SERP, shows ads at the top followed by organic results. YouTube SEO is all about ranking our videos at the top of the organic results. But to learn how to optimize for the YouTube search engine, we also need to understand how the YouTube algorithm works.
According to the YouTube Creator Academy, this is how the YouTube search algorithm works:
As is clear from the image above, there are two important aspects of the YouTube algorithm:
1. Relevant and well-optimized video content, descriptions and titles.
2. User Engagement – If your videos get more likes and views, YouTube algorithms consider this as a signal to rank your videos higher in YouTube SERP.
YouTube SEO factors
1. YouTube keyword research
2. YouTube titles and descriptions
3. Make engaging videos
4. Eye-catching miniatures
5. Use keywords as you speak
6. Optimize your channel page
7. Optimize your playlists
8. Use closed captions
9. Use a keyword in your file name
10. Make use of YouTube stories and posts.
What is a YouTube SEO strategy?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the ever-changing practice of designing web content to drive ranking factors to rank high on search engine results pages (SERPs). Since search is often the gateway to your content, optimizing your website for search is necessary to drive traffic and increase your following.
YouTube SEO involves optimizing your channel, playlists, metadata, description, and the videos themselves. You can optimize your videos for search both on and off YouTube.
A key component of a YouTube SEO strategy is harnessing the power of your video’s text in the form of transcripts, captions, and subtitles.
Viewing time, as you can imagine, is very important. Watch time refers to the actual time spent watching a video (not the percentage of view). So for example, the 50% completion of a 10 minute video will rank above the 100% completion of a three minute video. It is important to hook the viewer in the first 15 seconds with a trailer. If your video describes how to make a DIY project, show the viewer the finished product at the beginning to pique their interest. You want to avoid having a long presentation without speaking.
Session display time
Session viewing time is another important measure of user engagement. YouTube values how a video contributes to a user’s overall viewing session. Did the viewer leave the site after the video or did they watch three more videos? YouTube wants people to spend more time on its platform and therefore favor videos that help them achieve that goal. Although it may seem counterintuitive, videos that are designed to attract users to your website will hurt your SEO, because they drive viewers away from YouTube.
Google can read your mind. Ok, not quite, but Google understands what search engines mean. For example, if you searched for “how to get more views on YouTube”, you would be shown a video called “how to grow without views and without subscribers”. When creating a title for your videos, be sure to write something engaging and relevant. You may be tempted to use the title as your title with your most searched phrase or term, but don’t. Instead, answer the user’s question in your title and add the search term to the description. Trust us, Google knows.
Growing subscriber base
Subscribers can generate a large amount of watch time during the first week your video is published. The more you can amplify user experience and engagement in the first seven days, the better. It might be a good idea to post on a regular schedule so your subscribers know when to expect a new video and can make sure to watch it.
If you are looking for YouTube SEO Service, Contact Us